Ethnic wear with a dedicated mission to convey the message are what the girls at Kriya Clothing are up to! Read more to find out about their venture.
1. Tell us about the inspiration that prompted the start of Kriya Clothing?
Indian culture has a beauty that you can experience with all of your senses. One of the most striking is the vibrancy and intricacy of clothes, from everyday saris to fancy lenghas. The clothes are not just a piece of fabric, they have a story of how they are made and who made them. There is history woven in the vibrancy and art. We wanted to capture some of this beauty and bring it to everyday life.
2. How does Kriya Clothing contribute to the betterment of society?
The world is so diverse that we have the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds everyday. We feel our responsibility is to encourage people to bring culture forward and share it with one another. Celebrate and share your story and embrace the story of others.
3. As the market continues to invite competition, even in the sustainability and social responsibility space, where do you see Kriya Clothing fitting into the ecosystem in the next 5-10 years?
Create more than you consume - that is something we want our brand to resonate. We prioritize working with fair trade factories and making sure people have good working conditions, especially in working with other countries.
We want to be a part of educating people on where and how their clothes are made and encouraging the fashion industry to be more socially responsible.
4. What are your most popular products?
The Sew Unique pocket tee and Wild Card Jacket, two of our favorites too!
5. If you had to give a piece of advice to a start-up company, what would it be?
It’s okay to make mistakes! Learn from them and keep going.
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! To find out more about Kriya Clothing, visit their website here: https://www.kriyaclothing.com/
Disclaimer: Sustainable Inc. does not endorse businesses or their practices. The purpose of this blog is to provide information to readers.